Senior Art Director
- Lead Art Director for UnitedHealthcare, 3M and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) clients
- Art Director for American Express, University of Phoenix, NetApp, Provista clients
- Conceptualize and art direct photography and illustration (locally, nationally and internationally)
- Design emails, websites and marketing materials to expand distinct brand voices while engaging consumers
- Create presentation decks and mood boards. Present all concepts directly to clients.
- Work daily with clients, project managers and various creative teams to assure all projects deliver on high quality expectations
- Work with talent agencies to book celebrity talent. Produce and attend photo shoot at various national locations.
- Hire and art direct videographers and editors to create online videos for web extensions and social media
- Manage budget and numerous client and vendor deadlines to assure all projects are delivered on-time and within budget
April 2013 - September 2014
- Art director for Target, Best Buy, Capital One and Thomson Reuters accounts
- Conceptualize and art direct product photography for Target.com (Apparel and accessories: Mens, womens, juniors, children and baby)
- Create presentation decks, mood boards and sketches for various projects. Present directly to clients.
- Create digital and print loyalty marketing for Best Buy, Capital One and Thomson Reuters.
- Work closely with creative directors, copywriters and account teams to assure all client needs are delivered to the highest quality standards.
October 2012 - March 2013
- Conceptualize and art direct photography and illustrations in a team environment by collaborating with design directors, editors and associate designers
- Organize, budget, schedule, art direct and attend photo shoots on-set
- Create visually-engaging layouts and magazine covers for Twin Cities Business magazine that uphold brand identity, speak to a specific target audience and have high newsstand sell-through rates
- Interview and hire photographers
Senior Art Director
Tiger Oak Media
August 2004 - October 2012
- Art Direct photography for METRO Magazine, Edina, White Bear Lake, Southwest Metro and Woodbury monthly lifestyle publications to uphold brand identity and speak to a specific target audience
- Utilize focus group data to concept, create and launch METRO Magazine; an MMPA award-winning monthly urban lifestyle publication directed at affluent, artistic and fashionable Twin Cities readers
- Create visually-engaging page layouts and magazine covers that engage target audience and drive newsstand sales and online traffic
- Concept and pitch design and photography ideas to editors and creative directors
- Interview, hire and collaborate on-set with photographers for a diverse variety of topics including food, fashion, product, children and events
- Lead design critiques with associate designers
- Launch White Bear Lake Magazine
- Create marketing collateral and invitations in support of various events promoting the magazines
- Prepare all files to printer specifications and work directly with printer to assure quality standards are delivered
- Design and traffic display advertising for over ten magazine titles
Minnesota Premier Publications
February 2003-August 2004
- Design print advertising and inserts for Skyway News (currently The Journal), Southwest Journal and Minnesota Parent magazine
- Design logos, marketing campaigns, signs and billboards for various clients
Human Rights Campaign
2012 & 2013
Design a 60-page program for annual gala dinner. Design supporting invitations, signage and social media artwork for various marketing and promotional uses.
Concept and design a quarterly direct mail campaign
Bill's Ace Hardware
Design a billboard promoting a specific line of product per corporate marketing guidelines
Folliard Law, Inc.
Design a visual corporate identity per specific client specifications
Design a visual branding package
August Technology Corporation, Inc.
October 2002-August 2003
- Collaborate with various product managers throughout the company to design effective multimedia presentations for international, multi-million dollar sales presentations.
- Organize information, photos and graphics in a logical and orderly fashion in order to explain the microelectronic industry to diverse national audiences
Best Buy, Inc.
November 2002-December 2002
- Collaborate with creative directors and copywriters in the Musicland department to create and revise advertisements promoting Musicland and Best Buy brands.
Mendota Heights, MN
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Visual Communications with focused emphasis in Graphic Design
- Judge at the 2010, 2015, 2016, 2017 MMPA Awards
- Judge at the August 2010, December 2004 and June 2003 portfolio shows for the graduating graphic design class at Brown College
- Judge at the 2009, 2010 & 2011 Focus on Woodbury photo contest
- Judge at the 2010 & 2011 City of Edina photography contest
- March 2005: Spoke to the graduating graphic design students at Brown College about portfolio preparation and working as a professional graphic designer
Continue to grow my design experience and knowledge by obtaining a position which exercises my skills and amplifies my voice in a professional, creative and rewarding environment
(Digital or printed résumé available upon request)